business news in context, analysis with attitude

Internet Retailer reports on a new report from Forrester Research projecting that “the global online population will grow to 2.32 billion by 2014, up 42% from 1.63 billion in 2009 ... the online population in the U.S. and Canada will grow 3% each year through 2014, but will comprise just 13% of the overall online population by 2014, down from 16% in 2009. The European online population will grow approximately 20% between 2010 and 2014 and account for 22% of the online population.”

The biggest increase - 78 percent - will come in the Middle East and Africa, though these two regions will still just account for “the fewest total number of Internet users, 241 million.”
KC's View:
Nothing elusive about this population. You can find it right on your computer ... but you have to be engaged, understanding the tectonic shifts taking place in how people communicate, how people shop.