- Costco said that its total January sales increased seven percent to $3.67 billion. US same-store sales were up three percent, and international same-store sales were up 12 percent.
- Starbucks reported January net revenues of $452 million, an increase of 23 percent from $368 million for the same four-week period in fiscal 2004. Same-store sales at company-owned stores were up seven percent.
Year-to-date, revenues stand at $2 billion, up 24 percent from the $1.6 billion generated during the same period a year ago.
- Amazon.com reported net income of $346.7 million in the quarter ended Dec. 31, compared to $73.2 million during the same period a year ago. Fourth-quarter revenue was $2.54 billion, up 31 percent from $1.95 billion in the year-earlier period.
- CVS reported that fourth quarter sales were up 20% to $8.92 billion from $7.45 billion, a jump in part attributed to the company’s acquisition of half the Eckerd drug chain. Same store sales were up 4.4 percent.
Net income for the quarter rose to $295.6 million, compared with $263.4 million a year earlier.
- PepsiCo reported this morning that its fourth quarter net income rose to $985 million, from $914 million during the same period a year ago. Revenue rose 9 percent to $8.8 billion from $8.1 billion as overall volume grew six percent.