- Supervalu Inc. posted second quarter net sales of $4.6 billion, compared to $4.3 billion during the same period last year, and net earnings of $62.2 million compared to $58.8 million last year.
- Costco posted annual results for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2003, with net sales of $41.7 billion, an increase of 10 percent. Same store sales were up five percent.
Net income for the year was up three percent.
- PepsiCo Inc. reported that third-quarter net income rose to $1.08 billion, from $953 million a year earlier. Sales increased 8.4 percent to $6.83 billion.
- Drug chain CVS reported that September total sales increased 8.8 percent to $2.49 billion compared with last year’s $2.29 billion. Same-store sales for the month were up 6.6 percent.
Third quarter total sales at CVS were up 8.5 percent to $6.38 billion, while same-store sales increased 6.4 percent. Pharmacy same-store sales for the quarter rose 8.5 percent, and front-end same-store sales were up 1.9 percent.
- Drug chain Rite Aid posted September sales that were up 5.2 percent to $1.24 billion, as same-store sales increased 6 percent.
Pharmacy same-store sales rose 6.5 percent. Front-end same-store sales increased five percent.
- 99 Cents Only Stores reported that total sales for the third-quarter reached $211.5 million, up nearly 23 percent from the $172.3 million in total sales for the same period last year. Same-store sales for the quarter rose 4.95 percent.